Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Charity Fund Raiser

This WWR CONGA has turned into quite the thing. After things started to progress big time. I thought at one point that it should be turned into a fundraiser as there was so many people involved. I would feel better if it wasn't all about me.

Actually had one gal from the Island from SCRC offer to help out in anyway she could. I just didn't know how to go about things, so I just let it drop.
Then today I get a really nice post on my Vancouver Island Lady Riders forum.
From Spyderman of SCRC 394 on the Island that he was taking it in his hands to do it. Here is a message from him. Wow is all I can say...and thanks alot Mark!!

Hey Flo,
After talking to Blingo yesterday and letting him know how proud SCRC394 members are of you and the trip you're planning... I decided to put an offer on the table that I expect folks to participate in. To truly show you we care and support you, I'm suggesting that we do something fun. If you produce 1 receipt for a purchase in each State and Province you ride through... I'll give you $10 a State for you to donate to a charity of your choice.
So If you ride through 15 States, show me 1 reciept from each one, I'll give you $150.
Come on girls and boys, the challenge is laid. Let's show Flo we're behind her.

So the charity of my choice will be in memory of Rod Wiseman who taught me how to ride. It will be donated in his name to Cancer foundation. There will be a memorial ride for him this August and that is all great timing,




No comments: